Wednesday, January 7, 2009

FAIL DINNER #1: Spanish Omelette

I am going to feature my Fail Dinners here too - so that I remember them, and so that you can either 1. try to make one of my Fail Dinners and feel good about yourself because you succeeded or 2. use it as a guide for what might be too advanced for a beginner cook.

I used THIS RECIPE FOR SPANISH OMELETTE from the Food Network. Ooof. It was a major fail.

CLH FAIL: Perhaps unsurprisingly, the big problem was the flipping. It didn't happen at all. Furthermore, I used 5 small potatoes instead of 3 large potatoes, and the ratio was off. There were too many potatoes and not enough egg mixture to cover them, which meant that the poor tortilla espanola was doomed to fall apart from the beginning.

We still ate it, of course. The flavor was still pretty good even though it looked like a scramble rather than a tortilla or an omelette. But the shame was bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search